Are you getting worried because you have a lot of uncompleted tasks?
Don’t be worried; the solution is right here with me. But before the answer, let’s analyze why you have too many unfinished tasks.
You may think those uncompleted tasks result from limited time, but that’s not the problem. A day is 24hrs which you may consider limited, but the bitter truth is that even if a day is more than 24hrs, you may still not get those tasks done if you can’t manage your time.
Time management can be a great deal, yes! And that’s why you need to make a to-do list. The good news is there are excellent to-do list apps that can do these for you. All you have to do is enjoy the tour as I expose you to the best to do list apps for 2021.
The Best To-Do List Apps
Todoist: Best for productivity enthusiasts.
Todoist has over 210 thousand reviews on Google Play and over 30 thousand reviews on the App Store and was recently rated 9 out of 10 by The Verge as the best to-do list app. It has beautiful features that allow you to organize your tasks with a self-explanatory layout that can be as simple as you need.
It also has integrations with IFTTT (Automation), Microsoft Teams (Communication), Google Calendar (Planning), Chrome (Productivity), and so on. You can also connect the tools you’ve been using to it.
- Quick add: It allows you to get your tasks added within a few seconds.
- Recurring due dates: help you remember deadlines and build habits.
- Task view: This gives you a complete picture of any task.
- Sections & subtasks: Ensure that your projects stay neatly organized.
- Priorities: It allows you to set the most critical tasks.
- Completed tasks: This will enable you to see all the tasks you’ve completed.
- Comments & file uploads
- Productivity trends
- Automatic backups
- Premium themes
- Calendar sync, etc., are only available in the Premium and the Business versions.
Download Apps: Mac | Windows |iOS |Android
Free (For starters): $0
Premium (For pros): $4 per month (only available on iOs/Android) or $36 per year.
Business (For teams): $6 per user per month or $60 per user per year.
Microsoft To-Do: Best for outlook tasks and integration. Only free version.
Microsoft To-Do is a task management app that helps you to organize your life and make your tasks as simple as you need. You can use it for any purpose: to plan your bills, as reminders, as a shopping list, for task management, for notes taking, and many more.
The new version allows you to share lists across work and personal accounts, share lists from your account to your work account, and many more.
- A Smart Daily Planner.
- Manage your to-do list online.
- Easy Sharing.
- Outlook tasks integration.
- Access from everywhere.
Download Apps: Android | Windows | iOS
Google Tasks, a to-do app that allows you to manage, add, and edit your tasks from anywhere, at any time. It also syncs across all your devices. You can create tasks in Gmail or manage the calendar online from your mobile device.
Your tasks are done quickly and efficiently with its integrations with Gmail and Google Calendar. You can also connect with your team seamlessly using one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar, and many more.
- Quickly add tasks anywhere.
- Add tasks and create subtasks.
- View tasks added from email.
- Part of G Suite.
- Set a time for your tasks and get you reminded.
- Create repeating tasks.
- Import Google reminders into tasks.
Download App: Android
TickTick: Best for promodo technique; for embedded calendars and timers.
TickTick is another to-do app that helps you to organize all aspects of your life perfectly. Apart from being an organizer, its Pomodoro technique allows you to stay focused.
It also helps get a clear overview of your schedule anytime, be it days, weeks, or months ahead at the TickTick calendar. It smartly manages your tasks in one place through two-way sync with Google Calendar, and it allows integration with local and other third-party calendars.
- Smart date parsing: When creating a new task, it includes due date and information.
- Multi-Priority: It highlights tasks in four priority levels: High, Medium, Low, and No Priority.
- Pomo Timer.
- Lists sharing.
- Various calendar views.
- Keep track of your time.
- List activities (Web & Desktop only).
- Full calendar functionality
- Tracking of progress
- Customizing smart lists
- Achieving more as you create more
- Keeping your tasks under control
- Tracking your progress
And many more are only available in the Premium version.
Download Apps: Windows | Mac | iOS | Android |Web
Premium: Less than $2.4 per month or $27.99 per year.
Habitica: For making doing things fun
This free habit-building and productivity app turns your life into a “gamified” one. That is, it turns all your tasks into little monsters you must conquer. You can use Habitica to improve your health and fitness, school and work, and much more.
Its API provides easy integrations for things like the Chrome Extension, for which you lose points when browsing unproductive websites and gain points when on productive ones.
- It deletes uninterested challenge(s) from the list.
- It has a support section that includes helpful tips, known issues, and common bug fixes.
- There are random prizes for motivation: stochastic rewards.
- Permission to use transformation buff items from the Special section.
- It allows apps and extensions.
- Useful for organizations like education and health and wellness.
And so much more.
Premium: $4.99 per month; $14.99 every three months; $29.99 every six months; and $47.99 per year, which is a 28% discount! (Prices may vary by location.)
Remember The Milk: Offers an easy way to collaborate on lists and quickly add to-dos.
You should consider this smart to-do app if you’re the busy type. You can quickly and easily add tasks to Remember The Milk anywhere by using a quick email or a short tweet. You need not worry about forgetting anything again as you can get reminded anywhere through various mediums like email, text, IM, Twitter, and mobile apps.
It works with Gmail, Google Calendar, Twitter, Evernote, IFTTT, and more. You can keep working wherever you are even without the internet, awesome! It also syncs with all your devices.
- Import your tasks from Wunderlist.
- Attach files to your tasks
- New import and export option.
- Add tasks faster with smart add on the desktop.
- Reminders through email, text, IM, and Twitter.
- Reminders via mobile apps
- Color your tags
- Advanced sortings
- Attachments with Dropbox and Google Drive
- Sync with Microsoft Outlook
- Priority support
E.t.c., are only available on Premium.
Download Apps: Mac | Windows | Linux |Android |iOS
Premium: $39.99 per year
Things: Helps organize personal and work projects into bite-sized steps, and have a deadline for each —no free version.
Things with its amazing design never feel messy or overbearing, no matter how long your tasks are. It offers the best design and functionality of any app, with almost all the features of other power-user applications and a delightful interface that never obstructs how you get your tasks done.
It is also fully integrated with macOS and iOS; Handoff, Split View, Home Screen Quick Actions, Today Widget, Haptic Feedback, and so on. The app’s core layers, which are completely rewritten, are now shared between Mac and iOS for extended reliability. With a custom animation toolkit, everything you do in Things is nicely animated for pop.
- Upcoming: It shows everything on your list for the coming days. These are your scheduled to-dos, repeating to-dos, deadlines, and calendar events.
- Headings: Use headings to give names to each category and drag your to-dos underneath.
- Checklists: Help you break down the finer details of a to-do and precisely outline what’s required to get it done.
- Magic Plus: Add some magic to every interaction.
- Quick Find.
- Jump Start: It helps you make scheduling decisions quickly by putting all the answers needed in one convenient place.
- Desktop-Class List Editing on iOS: Manage your lists like easy insert, multi-select, reordering, and batch edits.
- Timely Reminders.
- Slim Mode: allows you to cut out distractions and focus on the task at hand by collapsing your sidebar with a two-finger swipe.
- Multiple Windows.
- Progress pies.
- Quick move.
Download Apps: iPad | iPhone & Watch | Mac
No free version.
For Mac: $49.99
For iPhone & Watch: $9.99
For iPad: $19.99
Any.do: Best for its timely reminders for tasks
Any.do is available on many platforms, enabling you to access your lists anywhere and any time of the day. It syncs your tasks automatically on all your devices. You can also connect Any.do with various external integrations like Google Assistant, Siri and Apple Reminder, Alexa, Whatsapp, and many more via Zapier.
It also offers native language support for all users worldwide, and it is readily accessible in over 30 languages.
- Sharing and Collaboration: Shared task as creator and lists shared in read-only mode for the Free version; unlimited sharing plus full access to the Activity tab for the Premium version.
- File Uploads: 1.5MB per file for the Free version; up to 100MB per file and no limit on the numbers of files for the Premium version.
- Any.do Moment (mobile only): 5 Moments per month for the Free version; unlimited for the Premium version.
- Background and Themes: White/Calm for Free version; multiple themes and backgrounds for Premium version.
- Color Tags(Not currently available for web): Access to Priority Tag for Free version; Create and Customize Your Tags for Premium version.
- WhatsApp Reminders
- Advanced Recurring Tasks
- Local-Based Reminders
- Focus Mode
- Zapier Integration
Premium support is only available on the Premium version.
Download Apps: Android | Mac |iOS |Web| Windows
Premium: $5.99 per month (billed annually)
TeuxDeux: Best for organizing all tasks for a week. No free version.
This to-do app is clean and slick, and as simple as paper that you can access anywhere, anytime! It automatically syncs to the cloud, and to-dos are backed up, secured, and available everywhere.
With its tasks rollover, uncompleted to-dos move to the new day precisely at midnight. If you use the “timeline” to schedule tasks on specific days, they’ll automatically move to the next day if you don’t complete them.
- Recurring to-dos
- Calendar date picker
- Drag to-dos to tomorrow
- Custom colors
- Powerful to-do editing
- Summary view
There is a free 30-day trial with access to all features for all new users. Once the trial ends, the app will become read-only and requires a paid subscription to access all features.
Subscription: $2.99 per month or $23.99 per year (prices may differ based on location and can change anytime.)
TaskPaper: It serves the simplest (and core) function-list tasks and gets them done hassle-free.
TaskPaper is a plain-text to-do list that’s astonishingly adept, is only for Mac users. It feels like a plain text editor; however, it is secured by a powerful outliner. It is keyboard friendly in the sense that it automatically format your lists into project, task or note.
Its files are future proof, meaning you can edit them using any text editor or using one of the many TaskPaper compatible apps created by other developers. It also doesn’t force a particular system on you; it provides essential elements to use as you fit.
- It has plain text files that allow you to edit anywhere.
- As you input your lists, they are auto formatted.
- You can easily organize your projects.
- Filter your list by @tag, type, or content.
- You can make bid lists small by folding, focusing, and filtering.
- Keyboard navigation and commands are fast.
- Dragging and dropping to organize lists.
- Managing dates and times in plain text.
- Importing and or Exporting with reminders app (Siri).
- Active support community ready to help.
- LESS/CSS powered stylesheet for theming.
Download Apps: Mac | SETAPP
All the apps above are great, and they’re all unique in their ways. Choose the one that’s right for you in terms of features, simplicity, design, etc. Before you get started, remember to check your pocket.