Zapier vs. Automate.io is one argument cloud-based integration solution users won’t stop having. This article is an in-depth review of the two automation solutions – an insightful review from an expert’s perspective.
At the end of this piece, you’ll have the information you need about the two platforms, a head-to-head comparison of the two popular automation and cloud integration solutions out there. We’ll start by giving you a background, then proceed with a comparison of their key features, pros and cons, and of course, their pricing.
Are you new to cloud-based automation platforms and looking for the best to use, or do you think of switching from one platform to another? This will be an insightful read for you – one article to equip you with the information you need to make that big decision.
We’ll get right to it.
Zapier vs. Automate.io – An Introduction
If you’re someone that works on different web applications, then you’d know the importance of automation. Additionally, if you have a business with multiple client touchpoints, you’d understand how important it is to automate your workflow to increase your productivity and decrease employee burnout.
No matter the situation, if you’re looking to automate your workflow, then the ideal way out is to look for an integration solution. Ideally, a cloud-based platform that will connect all your web infrastructure is the way to go, and the two best cloud solutions that come to mind are Zapier and Automate.io.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is a cloud-based integration solution designed to connect your apps and automatically move information between the different connected apps. Integrating your web apps takes just a few clicks, and then you’ll get your data shared between the apps. Note that the automated process of sharing your information between your apps is called Zaps.
The platform aims to enable you to build processes faster and execute more projects without writing any code for integration.
Who is Zapier Suitable for?
Zapier is ideal for busy people who live on a schedule and know their time is better spent making sales, marketing, or coding. It saves you the valuable time you’d have spent coming up with complicated systems by serving as a platform where you can automate the web services you and your team use daily.
Zapier automatically moves info and data between your web apps so that you can focus on your most important works.
Zapier Key Features – Why Users Love Zapier
- Zapier allows workflow automation with the help of a simple drag and drop interface.
- The app provides a web-based interface for designing, documenting, and testing APIs.
- It facilitates API development and integrations with prebuilt connectors and templates.
- There is a console where you can monitor resource utilization and system health, and you can start and stop processes.
- It has a dashboard where you can get real-time insights into API performance, use, and errors.
- You can route your data on a configuration basis and manage your complex workflows using the systems orchestration engine.
- Zapier facilitates to and fro data map that shows your data model between Apps and web services.
- The platform employs maximum data encryption both at rest and in transit.
- You can access roles to the users, thereby controlling access to integration functionalities.
- The platform supports secure communication protocols like FTPS, SFTP, and many more.
- It integrates data from different sources without moving the data physically.
- You have a master data management area where you can remove duplicates, standardize data in mass, use rules, etc., to eliminate incorrect data.
- You can securely transfer data from one location to another via different methods.
- Zapier provides integration to Big Data sources like Hadoop and other NoSQL sources.
- Most of all, it complies with essential industry standards like ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SOC 2, HIPAA, and many more to protect and safeguard your data.
Zapier Pros and Cons
- Powerful Automation
- Convenient for Users
- Extensive Task History
- Flexible Pricing
- Sync Cloud Services
- Scheduled Tasks
- Easy Setup
- Gives frequent updates
- Great Customer Support
- Like every other integration software, Zapier requires you to learn how to use it before using it.
- Errors can be difficult to resolve on your own; however, they have excellent and quick customer service that helps every time.
- Although Zapier integrates with more than 500 Apps, it sure can’t interface with hundreds of thousands of apps out there. You might want to check its available Apps before committing to it, especially if you use industry-specific applications.
- You may still have to create integrations outside of Zapier, especially if you use industry-specific applications.
- Some Apps have limits to what you can do with them on Zapier. You might want to check Apps’ limitations first.
- The apps under the free version have limited capabilities.
It’s not unusual to ask, ‘does Zapier cost money?’ especially since there are different information online regarding the cost of Zapier. The truth is, there is a free version of Zapier (freemium) and a premium version.
The good news is that whether your automation needs are large or small, Zapier says they’re always there to help you scale.
Zapier Pricing Model
Table Showing the Cost of Zapier Platform
|2||Starter||$19.99||Zapier cost per month billed annually or $24.99 month to month.|
|3||Professional||$49||Per month billed annually, or $61.25 month to month.|
|4||Team||$299||Per month billed annually, or $373.75 month to month.|
|5||Company||$599||Per month billed annually, or $748.75 month to month.|
NOTE that features like the number of tasks and zaps, update time, and many more increases with the price of the package you subscribe to.
Top Zapier Integrations
You can integrate many Apps with Zapier. Some of the top apps include;
- Facebook Pages
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
- Microsoft 365
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Zoho CRM
What is Automate.io?
Automate.io is a cloud-based platform that helps you integrate your cloud applications and automate your marketing, sales, and business processes. With Automate.io, you can create simple one-to-one automation workflows, or you can just sync data between two apps. You can also create complex workflows spanning across multiple apps in only a few minutes and add delay, conditional logic, format data, and so many more.
Who is Automate.io Suitable for?
Automate.io is suitable for business owners who wish to have their business processes automated over their most-used apps. The SAAS solution can bring together different departments of your company and enable them to share files and data and work more productively.
With Automate.io, you put your business on autopilot. You can set up your automation workflows and conditions and see the magic happen. No coding and no IT help required.
Automate.io Key Features
Automate.io has several features that make it one of the most preferred cloud-based integration and automation platforms.
Simple and Intuitive
With Automate.io, you can visually create integrations with drag and drop data mapping in just a few minutes. You don’t need IT to help you to do this.
The platform has powerful tools that enable you to format data, add additional logic or time delay, and do many more conditions to your workflow.
You can easily integrate the platform into other SAAS products. It has connectors for all the leading cloud/SAAS applications available.
Secure and Reliable
The platform features data encryption at rest and transit. It also has data retention controls and audit logs.
Automate.io Pros and Cons
- Easy interface, easy to use, easy to learn
- Interactively connect one app with another.
- Excellent customer support
- Allow super easy builds of automation BOTs, even with a visual depiction.
- Automatically adds information into other Apps.
- You only set it up once, and it runs as needed.
- Overall good value for money
- Sometimes, the screens take a long time to load.
- Also, sometimes, data lists load very slowly or not at all, requiring you to refresh.
- Continuous improvement of the interface
Automate.io pricing is divided into two parts – an Automate.io monthly pricing and yearly pricing.
Automate.io Monthly Cost
Table Showing the Cost of Automate.io Platform Monthly
Automate.io Yearly Cost
Table Showing the Cost of Automate.io Platform Yearly
|1||Free||$0 x 12||Billed yearly|
|2||Startup||$39 x 12||Billed yearly|
|3||Growth||$79 x 12||Billed yearly|
|4||Business||$159 x 12||Billed yearly|
|5||Enterprise||$319 x 12||Onwards billed yearly.|
NOTE that actions per month, the number of BOTs, and minutes for data check increases with the package you subscribe to.
Top Automate.io Integrations
- Google Drive
- Microsoft 365
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
Zapier Vs. Automate.io – A Head to Head Comparison
|2||Typical Customers||FreelancersSmall BusinessesMid-Size BusinessesLarge Enterprises||FreelancersSmall BusinessesMid-Size BusinessesLarge Enterprises|
|3||Customer Support||OnlineKnowledge Base||OnlineKnowledge Base|
|15||Drag and Drop Interface||–||Yes|
|19||Multiple Data Sources||–||Yes|
|27||Social Media Integration||Yes||Yes|
Zapier and Automate.io Alternatives
Although both Zapier and Automate.io are both popular and effective cloud-based integration and automation tools, there are other alternatives to both of them. These tools might not be as popular as them, but they still offer a range of impressive features that make them alternatives to Zapier and Automate.io.
Let’s review a few of these alternatives and their pros and cons.
Venk is a top-value cloud-based automation platform that allows you to connect your software and automate all your activities. It is the easiest and cheapest way to create and automate your workflow and grow your business.
- With Venk, you can connect your Apps and have them sync with each other without lifting a finger.
- It can be used by all sizes of businesses to accelerate business growth.
- You don’t need to learn how to write a line of code to use Venk.
- Venk helps you save time and money.
- Just like every other SAAS product, it can be challenging to get used to the product. The good news is that the interface is user-friendly, making it possible for you to catch on fast.
Integromat is referred to as the glue of the internet and is an advanced online automation platform used by over 45,000 companies, including Adidas, Uber, Cisco, etc. The tool is used to integrate apps, systems, and services and automate workflow.
- An unlimited number of automated workflows and up to 1000 tasks a month on the free version.
- Has a free version that offers connections to all Apps and services
- The offer priority support to only those on their top tier premium plans.
Microsoft Flow helps you work less and do more. The tool enables you to create automated workflows between your favorite Apps and services, allowing you to sync files, collect data, and more. With the platform, you can utilize numerous templates to quickly create automated workflows between your favorite services, apps, and system.
Microsoft Flow Pros
- Microsoft Flow free version allows you to create as many automated workflows as you want.
- It also allows up to 750 workflow tasks per month on its free version.
Microsoft Flow Cons
- The platform has a limited number of apps and services you’re allowed to connect.
IFTTT is on a mission to build a more connected world that works for you. It’s a free cloud-based platform you can use to get all your apps and devices connected. The platform also works for physical appliances.
- It allows you to connect more than 600 services, including apps, business tools, email providers, and even physical appliances.
- You can connect as many apps and services as you want, and you also get to run an unlimited number of workflows.
- It helps you build a smart home – it cannot connect home appliances like dishwashers, washer-dryers, fridges, etc.
- Creating a workflow can be complicated, especially if you’re not acquainted with the system.
Verdict – Final Thoughts on Zapier vs. Automate
In conclusion, both platforms are wonderful and can help you make life easy.
Are both Zapier and Automate.io safe? Yes.
Are both Zapier and Automate.io worth it? Yes.
Are their alternatives worth it? Yes.
An alternative like Venk has proven to be a good investment and is highly recommended by experts in the field.
We can’t tell you which one to go for, but we hope the insightful review in this Zapier vs. Automate review article gives you all you need to make a wise choice.